Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CHECK OUT MY GREEN STUFF!


My good friend Kathy Hawkins sent me this and I want to thank here for it.  It kinda sums up what the “progressives” have done to our country, so to speak.  Of course, being the Dumb Ol’ Boy I am, I just had to “Dumb Boy” it up a bit.

The frail eighty-year-old women hobbled her way to the check out counter at the new grocery store in town.  She laid her few groceries on the moving belt and then went to the end of the counter.  The bag boy asked her if she wanted “paper” or “plastic”.  She said that plastic was just fine.  Well, upon hearing that, the curt lil’ checker said to her, “You know that plastic is not good for our environment, don’t you?”  Upon hearing this, the frail old lady snapped back, apologized and had this to say, while she held up everyone there:

“You see, young lady, we didn’t have the “green thing” back in my day!  Back then, folks returned their milk bottles, coke bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant and them bottles were washed, sterilized and refilled.  This way the same bottles could be used over and over again. So sweetie, I guess you could say that they were recycled.  Yep, we just didn’t have the GREEN THING back then”

And she went on, “In my day, folks walked up stairs, because they didn’t have an escalator or elevator in every store and office building. No missy, they walked to the grocery store and they didn’t climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time they had to go two blocks.  Back then, they washed the baby’s diapers because they didn’t have the throw-away kind. Folks dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts!  They really did use wind and solar power to dry them clothes.  Oh, and the kiddos got hand-me-downs from their brothers, sisters, or relatives not always brand-new clothing.  Yeah, we didn’t have the GREEN THING in my time.”

At first folks in line were upset, but now they were listening and the perky lil’ checker was squirmin’.  The old gal continued, “No siree sugar, back then folks had one TV, or radio, in the house, not one in every room.  Moreover, the TV had a small screen the size of a pizza dish, not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, they blended and stirred by hand because they didn’t have electric machines to do everything for them. When they packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, they used wadded up newspaper to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.  They didn’t fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. They used a push mower that ran on human power. They exercised by working so they didn’t need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity, but no, we didn’t have no GREEN THING.”

The frail lil’ darlin’ of a woman had just gotten warmed up.  She could tell that folks were learning something and old folks love to teach.  She gave her attentive audience what they wanted as she went on.  “Now listen to me sweetheart, back then folks drank from a fountain when they were thirsty, instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time they had a drink of water. They refilled pens with ink, instead of buying a new pen, and they replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.  People took the streetcar and kids rode their bikes to school or rode the school bus, instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. They had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. In addition, they didn’t need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.  We just didn’t have no GREEN THING!”

She thanked all for listening and before she hobbled away, she leaned into to the check and said, “Honey, you are young and I understand your passion, but remember that passion ain’t no good if you don’t completely understand what you are passionate about.  Don’t just follow!  Gain knowledge and lead.  You be sweet now.”
                                                                                                                                           
"I am very proud, that I pray to and worship our Judea/Christian, God Almighty. I am very proud to be an American, who loves all his family and all his fellow patriots. I will defend the original Constitutional. I will defend the rights and lives of patriots to the best of my ability and, if time and resources permit will even defend other Americans, who may fail to believe as I do, but I will never defend a quran practicing muslim. They are my ENEMY! 

Remember, be proud of, and promote, your beliefs! Be proud you're an American and promote that with pride! Be proud of your families and your fellow patriots and promote that with pride! And last, take some kind of real action and pray “everyday” for God to lead you correctly! Believe me.....this will lead to success.”” -- JOHN L SULAK .

..and there you have some more opinions from me, Th' Dumb Ol' East Texas Boy. Take care out there, okay. IN GOD WE DO TRUST!

8 comments:

  1. Love this! Hope you don't mind, but I am going to share this on facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. - The Smith Family - you have my permission as long it is in it's entirety. Oh, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can identify with this article; in more ways than one! I do! I made some good money for picking up stuff along the road to recycle when I was a kid..Be Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. - Yes I do identify with it and you be sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dennis Burns3/29/2011 12:30 AM

    Great, loved this...I'm shareing this on Facebook also...I rember the old push mower, and I still whip things by hand in the kitchen, got an electric mixer, just don't use it much...that old gal was wise...

    ReplyDelete
  6. - Thanks Dennis. Yeah, I to did the ol' push mower thing more than I wanted to. My mixer isn't electric, but she's been mixing things for 39 years. Don't tell her I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff! Great memories! thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yours ain't too bad either, Sandy. Thanks for comment.

      Delete

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.