Wednesday, June 26, 2013

1264: DIRT DOG CHEAP!


An ol’ boy was drivin’ around the back woods of Montana and he spots a sign in the front yard of a beat up ol’ shack.  The sign read, “Talkin’ Dawg 4 Sale”.  Well this fella walks up and knocks on the door.  A fella in bib overalls, no shirt and barefoot answers his knock with a, “Whatcha want?”
 
“Could I see your talkin’ dog?” the fella replies.  “Sure!” Mr. Bib says, “Sure ya can!”  The hound is in the back.  Help yourself.” 
 
The guy goes around the house to the back and sees a nice looking Labrador retriever just layin’ there in the shade. “You talk?” he asks.  'Yep,' the Lab replies. 
 
So, after this ol’ boy gets over his shock of hearing a dog talk, he says “So, what's your story, hound?”  The Lab looks up and tells him, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young pup. I decided that I wanted to help the government, so... I told the CIA ‘bout my talkin’.  Shoot, in no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and bigwigs from all over!  Guess them folks just never guessed that a hound like me could spy on ‘em.  Yes sir, I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running, but the jetting around really took a toll on me.  I was dog tired and I knew I wasn't getting any younger, so I decided to settle down and take it easier.”
 
“I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, hangin’ around near suspicious types and listening in.  I uncovered some pretty shady goin’s on too!  Them airport folks gave me a batch of medals for the fine job I did.  Then I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just livin’ comfortable at this ol’ boy’s shack.”
 
Well this fella listenin’ ‘bout done a double back flip!   He runs to the front of the shack and asks Mr. Bib what he wants for his dog.  Mr. Bib says, “Ten bucks and he’s yours!”  “Ten dollars!” the fella replies, “Why this dog is amazin’!  Why on earth would you let him go so cheap?”  “Well, I’ll tell ya why!  It’s because he is a bullshitter!  That damn dog has never even been out of the back yard, but he sure tells folks he has!  I just can’t stand a liar!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.