video - YouTube: "http://youtu.be/mscvdioSb0w"
What is an unlisted video?An unlisted video is a different type of private video. Unlisted means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends or family to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video in these ways:
Even though your video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, links to the video could still appear elsewhere on the web if anyone who knows the video's URL shares it. It is therefore up to you to maintain the privacy of your video and the unlisted URL. You can further restrict the video at any time by returning to your account and marking the video as Private.
How do I create an unlisted video?You can choose to make any of your uploads an unlisted video in your YouTube Account settings. Here’s how:
- Sign into your YouTube Account
- Click on your account name located in the top right of any page. Click on Video Manager from the expanded menu.
- Choose the video you want to edit and click the Edit button below the video thumbnail.
- Scroll down to the Basic Info tab and find the Privacy section.
- You'll see the option to make the video Public, Unlisted, or Private.
- Select Unlisted. Make sure to click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
How do I share an unlisted video?Once you’ve set your video as unlisted in your Account settings, you’re ready to share your video. In order to share your video, just send the video’s URL to the people with whom you’d like to have access to the video. They’ll then be able to view the video.
Who can access my unlisted video?Initially, only the people with whom you share your unlisted video's URL will have access to the video. That said, if one of your contacts then shares the unlisted video URL on a blog / public website or with people they know, the video will be available and accessible to those people (and the people who they choose to share with) as well. Its therefore important to communicate to your contacts that you wish to maintain limited access to your unlisted video and that you only share the video with people you trust.
I’m unable to create an unlisted video. Why?Only YouTube Accounts in good standing have access to create unlisted videos. If you don't see the option to make your video unlisted in your Account settings, it could be that your YouTube Account is not in good standing and has a Terms of Service violation or a strike for copyright infringement.
Learn how to check whether your Account is in good standing by following these steps:
- Sign in YouTube.
- Go to your Account settings
- You'll see different sections which list your Account status and whether your Account is in good standing, such asAccount status: Community Guidelines and Account status: Copyright.
If you have an item pending against your account, you will not be able to create unlisted videos until this strike is resolved. Once your Account is in good standing with no listed strikes, you'll gain access to creating unlisted videos