Wednesday, April 4, 2012

YOU GOTTA ACTUALLY WALK IN THE STORE TO BUY THEIR APPLES!

I just love the way most liberals and the so-called "enlightened" folks say that there is no God.  Yeah, you got it, I’m gonna get spiritual on this one, so if you are too weak to handle it, well, you can stop readin’ now.  Anyway, these “non-believers” always pick something like this, “My momma was choppin’ okra and chopped off the tip of her lil’ finger, so there is no God, because if there was, my Momma would still have her finger!”  Of course, the injuries or diseases change up a bit by degree and severity, but the gripe is always the same.  God just shouldn’t allow bad things.

Now, having said what I just said, I feel I need to tell ya about Luther.  You see, Luther had just moved to Cut ‘n’ Shoot, Texas and didn’t know too many of the locals.  He needed a haircut real bad and didn’t know where to go, so he just picked one.  It was Roy Harrison’s Men Only Barber Shop on the corner of Main and College.  Luther went in and Roy smiled at him and said, “Have a seat Mister and let me know how you want me to cut your hair.

As Roy began to work on Luther, they began to have a good conversation. Luther talked about how he was new in town and how he happened to come here.  Roy talked about the town, points of interest and his business.  They continued to talk about a lot of things and various subjects, when Roy touched on the subject of God.  He said, “Luther, I’ll tell ya, I just don't believe that God exists.”  ““Why do you say that?” asked ol’ Luther.

“Well Luther, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me this, if God really exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things.”  You know like I mentioned above.  Luther just smiled and said, “Roy, we just met, but I gotta tell ya that I do believe in God.  Can we just leave it there for now?”  Roy agreed and finished Luther up.

Luther was about to get in his pick up, when he saw a man across the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. This ol’ boy was really scungy and dirty. Luther just couldn’t resist.  He rushed back into Roy’s, got his attention and said, “Roy, you know what? I was thinkin’ about the argument you made about God and I gotta tell ya that based on that argument, Barbers do not exist either.”

Roy snapped back, “Are you crazy Luther?  How can you say that?  I am standin’ right in front of you, and I am a barber. And I just cut your hair!”  “No sir Roy!” shouted Luther, “I tell ya; Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.  So you see, your argument don’t hold water” Roy snapped again, “Luther, Barbers DO exist! That fella that you just showed me just never came to see me, is all.  I can’t help ‘em if they don’t come.”

Ol’ Luther grinned from ear to ear and said, “Exactly Roy!  That's the point! God DOES exist! What you argued is what happens when folks don't go to Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world.  And, of course, you have Satan too, but we can talk about him another time”


RECITATION: "I am very proud, that I pray to and worship our Judea/Christian, God Almighty. I am very proud to be an American, who loves all his family and all his fellow patriots. I will defend the original Constitutional. I will defend the rights and lives of patriots to the best of my ability and, if time and resources permit will even defend other Americans, who may fail to believe as I do, but I will never defend a Muslim, believer of the Quran! They are my ENEMY and I DO NOT recognize their beliefs in Islam to be a RELIGION, and I never will! Remember, be proud of, and promote, your beliefs! Be proud you're an American and promote that with pride! Be proud of your families and your fellow patriots and promote that with pride! And last, take some kind of real action and pray “everyday” for God to lead you correctly! Believe me.....this will lead to success.”” -- JOHN L SULAK ...and there you have some more opinions from me, Th' Dumb Ol' East Texas Boy. Take care out there, okay. IN GOD WE DO TRUST!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My thanks will come when it actually gets through to some.

      Delete
  2. What most forget is...He gave us free will, so most of what happens depends on the choices YOU make...

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.