Sunday, September 19, 2010

ROY GENE FERGUSON IS BACK!

“First, as I always do, let me say, that I am proud, that I pray to and worship our Judea/Christian, God Almighty. Second, I am very proud to be an American, who loves all his family and all his fellow patriots. And last, I will defend the original Constitutional rights and lives of those patriots to the best of my ability and, if time and resources permit will even defend others, who will be shocked to learn, that what they once believed in, was false”. -- JOHN L SULAK
                                           

Now, I told y'all about the West Texas rancher named Roy Gene Ferguson before.  He's a tough ol' bird, that's pretty set in his ways.  He don't say a whole heck of a lot, but when he does, well, you know he means it.   He's not too high on big cities or big city things.  He's content with his ranch, a few head of cattle, sunny days, and a good cup of coffee in the morning.  To say he lives a very simple life would be an understatement!  That's for sure.


Well, ol' Roy Gene was overseeing his herd located in what he referred to
 as his lower forty near the creek.  All was quite, when suddenly, from out of nowhere, a bright, shinny, Mercedes was flying down the gravel road near his fence and headed straight toward him, out of a cloud of dust!  Then it just stopped about ten yards away from Roy.  Roy Gene didn't get to shook, but was a lil' surprised.


The driver of this speeding car was a young man.   He was decked out in a Briano suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and a YSL tie.  Roy didn't even know what those things were.  All he saw was a young city boy wearing Sunday clothes.  Well, the ol' boy leaned out his window and shouted to Roy Gene, "Hey old cowboy?  If I can tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me just one calf?  I've got a good friend who owns a meat company and I have heard how good Texas beef is.  So, if I win, I know he will cut me some steaks."

Roy Gene looks the fella up and down and says, "You seem pretty certain you are gonna win.  How do I know this ain't some kinda trick?"   The city boy assures him, that he is on the up and up.  He even tells Roy, "Look old man, you have a rifle in that saddle.  I'm quite sure, if I were not honorable with you, you would make sure I did not get my calf."  Well, Roy looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, you got yourself a deal."

The young confident man parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo. The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany.  Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot, that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP Laser Jet printer, turns to the old man and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

Roy says, "That's right young man. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves.  Go ahead and pick yourself one out."

Then Roy watches as the young man picks out an animal by himself and Roy looks on with both amusement and amazement as the young man stuffs the animal into the trunk of his car.

Well, Roy Gene couldn't hardly keep from laughing as he says, "Hold on a minute there youngin'.  What if I can tell you exactly what your business is and what you do, would you give me back my calf?

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Well, old man, I already have your calf.  Why would I want to give it up if I have nothing further to gain?"  Roy Gene sorta giggles under his breath and then he perks up and says, "For a youngin' you're pretty sharp.  Bet not many put much past you?  Tell you what I'm fixin' to do.  Even though I hate to lose another calf, I'll let you pick another out, but only if you win."  The young man, now more confident than ever, said, Sure, why not?  We have a deal."

Well, Roy Gene paused, kicked up some dust with his boot, and hem hawed around because he wanting to milk this for all it's worth, finally said, "Young man, your business is government and you are an aide to President Obama."

The young man was beside himself.  He didn't say a word for a good thirty seconds.  He could have easily tripped over his lower lip.  Finally, kinda mumbling he said, "Wow! That's correct, old man!  But how in the world did you guess that?"

Roy Gene, with a grin as big as all of West Texas said, "Youngster' there was no guessing involved.  I mean, here you are showing up, unannounced, with all your spit and polish, even though nobody called you, then you wanted to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. And, if that weren't enough, you used millions of dollars worth of equipment trying to show me, how much smarter than me, you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living or, for that matter, about cows. This is my herd of sheep!  I keep my cattle on the South pasture.......now give me back my danged ol' dog.
                                                                                         
“Remember, be proud of, and promote, your beliefs! Be proud you're an American and promote that with pride! Be proud of your families and your fellow patriots and promote that with pride! And last, take some kind of real action and pray “everyday” for God to lead you correctly! Believe me.....this will lead to success.” -- JLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.