Saturday, August 28, 2010

HANG ON TO YOUR KIDDOS! PURE EVIL WANTS THEIR MINDS!

MOMMIE?  I THOUGHT
THE BIBLE & JESUS WAS GOOD?

                                                                             
I am posting this letter as a, "take it for what it's worth message". The letter was sent to a teacher, who teaches and promotes the Waldorf School. A copy was sent to my wife by the person, who wrote it. She is a long time friend of my wife's and wishes to remain unknown, but granted me permission to post her letter. She put a whole lot of heartfelt work and forethought into this and I felt it needed to be shared.  To get the "just" of what it states you must read the entire thing. It highlights, the utter atrocities committed against God and our young children, by our own government. It will also show you the frustration and emotional grief, that young patriotic mothers have to go through just to try and protect their children, from the APPROVED teachings of our current administration. Feel free to pass this on. Now here is the letter:

In January of 2006 I put Caleb into a Waldorf co-op preschool. During the time we spent there I was so interested in Waldorf education, to the point of even considering becoming a teacher one day (and at a meeting with other moms along with a guest speaker I asked lots of questions and a woman told me that she sees a future Waldorf teacher in me). But then Caleb's teacher, in meetings with me, would refer to his spirit leaving his body during sleep and communing with the angels, and in parent meetings reference was made to our "pre-earthly" lives. Other concerning things kept coming up from my own research into Waldorf, and I quickly became discouraged with the spiritual aspects that I didn't believe in.

I didn't want our family to be involved in something that was conflicting with my Christian faith so I pulled Caleb out of the school. I had decided to put Waldorf aside at that point. Then, last October a friend of a friend here locally showed an interest in starting up a Waldorf group. She was just learning about it and it kind of stirred up my interest, along with a book I happened to pick up at the library that wowed me so much called Simplicity Parenting. The author of Simplicity Parenting didn't mention Waldorf, but the flavor of it is all throughout the book. He's a previous Waldorf teacher, if I remember right, and works with Waldorf educated kids. Then I read Heaven on Earth by Shariffa Oppenheimer, and was hooked. Here's what I loved:

1. The focus on rhythm (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly)
2. The focus on sensory experience for our children (this was especially important to me since Caleb has sensory issues)
3. The focus on beauty - nature, art, well crafted stories, etc.
4. Simplifying toys, possessions, living space

I read lots of information about Waldorf education in the home from many, many sources. I knew the spiritual aspect was still there that had me concerned, but I was more concerned with my son who seemed to lack interest in anything other than TV, computer games, playing/listening to his CD player, his handheld little Didge, and swinging.

Things changed dramatically around here after I began implementing what I was learning through Waldorf materials and online groups. I'm still seeing the benefits of those changes, such as:

1. I am developing my artistic side
2. I am bringing my children memorable experiences of all kinds (extra special, well thought out celebrations of holidays and birthdays, creating traditions, etc.)
3. Understanding the role of imitation in children ages 0-7 (my oldest still imitates *everything* around him though, and he's almost 9...this is part of his ASD though) better than I ever have before and remembering that in all I do or say.
4. Helping my children learn all about nature in some of the most amazing ways (for example, we planted sunflower seeds in May and now the sunflowers are huge, tall, and all gloriously blooming - it's been such a magical experience for us all).
5. I learned to knit! Well, I've made one scarf, but hey, that's a start! And I am understanding more and more about the importance of handwork of all kinds for my children and also myself.
6. The education of the will. My own, and my children's. That's a very important topic for all of us. 7. The importance placed on movement and learning things like jump rope, hopscotch, string games, etc. What I've learned through Waldorf materials is why I'm teaching my children these things.
8. The importance of warmth of the body and also warmth of the spirit.
9. The three day rhythm and what understanding that can do for children and adults as we learn and experience life.

There's more, but that's what comes to mind right now. In great contrast to the above, though these wonderful things have been occurring, through it all, I've dealt with certain spiritual questions and concerns. The verses below would sort of flow through my mind at certain moments throughout the months, and I was wondering if the holy spirit was trying to tell me I was getting steeped in spiritual quick sand: From II Timothy 3:5 "...having a form of godliness but denying its power." and from 2 Corinthians 11:14 "...for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

Having a form of godliness but denying its power means that a person (or group) acknowledges aspects of God (or ideas about a god they've made up in their minds or through other influences), maybe even Jesus, certain biblical truths, etc. but stops short of *the* truth of the gospel. Instead, a picking and choosing process goes on, where one takes a little of this and a little of that, and yet denies the cross and what Jesus came here to do: to bring salvation, through his shed blood, to those who are lost (which is all mankind, unless we/they are saved by his grace). The power of the cross.

That's what the entire old testament is leading up to - the coming of a Savior who would show us that we can't follow God's commandments on our own. We are incapable. We are sinners in need of a Savior.

So, within Waldorf pedagogy there is a lot of talk about nature, elemental spirits, "myths" of all kinds and from all cultures (even calling the old testament stories "myths"), pre-earthly life, spiritual beings, angels, karma, reincarnation, the life of Christ in 6th grade does not view him as the Savior of the world. Pagan gods, muslim culture and religion, and other religious beliefs are within the curriculum. I've heard you describe these things as a being a benefit for children and that it's one of the wonderful things about this curriculum from Steiner. You have shared that we're all on our own spiritual path, but I believe that the only way to the truth, to relationship with God, to salvation, to heaven, is through Jesus Christ. This is utter foolishness to those who don't believe this.

I Corinthians 1:18 (New King James Version) "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." The "angel of light" scripture has always amazed me with its truth. The devil doesn't go around with a pitchfork and thorns in his head, trying to scare people all over the world. I believe what the bible says, which is that he disguises himself as an angel of light, something that is pleasing, feels good, is comforting (at first and only on the surface). He would love for people to be as happy as can be, succeeding, prospering, finding all kinds of success in this world, as long as they *don't* put their trust and faith in Jesus Christ and him alone. Satan is okay with happiness because then people will end up deceived and not in relationship with God. They might have a relationship with someone they think is God, but it's not the true God of the Bible, the father of the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 5:8 (ESV) "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." So, this angel of light concept, Waldorf and the good feelings it brings and even all the good changes in my life, the focus on angels all over the place, the many things Steiner believed and that this whole educational system springs from which contradict the bible (things which I'll develop further on in this email): all of these things, I've at times thought, might be ways the devil is trying to get me off track, by not believing in the Bible as the true word of God (every word of it) and instead falling into the trap of doing what Satan loves others to do, which is to strip the power of what Jesus did away and instead make up their own gospel...which leads to their peril.

There's a quote from Buddha on one of the pages of your e-books, which expresses the idea that one is to evaluate all ideas and concepts in the light of their own common sense. But here's what the Bible says: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

You've wrote to me in an email once that you do not believe in what you called "the modern idea of hell." I do believe in hell and I don't believe it's a modern idea at all. Jesus had a lot to say about hell, so the comment you made causes me to believe you do not believe in every portion of scripture. This is very concerning to me, for many reasons, including this: Revelation 22:18-19 (ESV) "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book." and 2 Timothy 3:16 (ESV) "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." and Psalm 119:9-16 (The Message) 9-16 How can a young person live a clean life? By carefully reading the map of your Word. I'm single-minded in pursuit of you; don't let me miss the road signs you've posted. I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt. Be blessed, God; train me in your ways of wise living.

I'll transfer to my lips all the counsel that comes from your mouth; I delight far more in what you tell me about living than in gathering a pile of riches. I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it. I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it.

You asked me if I listened to your podcast on Christianity. Yes, I did. I don't enjoy saying these things, and please understand that I'm sharing things with you that I've held back for quite some time now because I didn't want to offend you or cause anything negative to occur between us, but here's what I thought. Here's an honest answer. I was gravely disappointed by the Christianity podcast. I felt it was weak. Weak because I believe you have stripped the gospel message away from Christianity, which is the entire point of why Jesus came here. He died on the cross and was resurrected. You seemed to walk on eggshells, not wanting to offend anyone, to such a degree that what is the "good news", the best news in the world actually, the news that Jesus came here to bring, was watered down. Again, I do not like saying this, but you said you can't effectively work with me if I'm not honest, so that's why I'm sharing this.

Here's another thing I really do not like saying, but it's why I haven't come to you for guidance as I've been exploring these thoughts and ideas about Steiner and Christianity, etc. You have told before that you are a Christian. To be a Christian means to be a Christ follower - to base one's life on the life and teachings of Jesus. I don't know how you can do that and also make your own decisions about what bible verses are from God and which ones are not. I heard you say things on the Christianity podcast questioning how the Bible came to be, the council of Nicaea, etc. making it seem like a lot of what went on was corrupt and resulted in wrong interpretation or things of importance being left out or added. When one begins to dissect the scriptures and say that certain things should have been included or left out, then we are left with no authoritative Word from God. It just ends up being something we can all make up our minds about for ourselves, which is just what the bible, all over the place, warns against.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths."

For instance, you have referred to A Course In Miracles and how much you love that book. This book comes from a woman who claims to have been given revelation from Jesus, but the problem is that many of the things in this book contradict scripture. I do not believe she was given information and revelation by Jesus, but by this "angel of light" I've referred to. And myths? Waldorf has a huge base of myths as some of the core aspects of the curriculum.

I believe that if a person believes they had been shown and come to know the truth about God and Jesus, and salvation, going to heaven, and all the rest of it, including how horrible hell is (how people will burning there for all eternity, in complete torment, separated from God), but keeps that to themselves...that is not showing love to others. But, if that person shares the truth of the gospel and shares scripture, with the prayer and hope that others would come to salvation, not keeping it all to themselves, then *that* is love. That is caring for others and for their eternal destiny. It isn't out of some power trip that Christians do this. Maybe for some it is, but for the Christians I've known, who point out error and try to keep people from entering that spiritual quick sand that only leads to bad things, it's been out of love and also obedience to Jesus. He said to do it.

Jesus wasn't only about peace and love. He was a revolutionary man who brought the truth to people, which ended up separating many families and caused many people to have to die for their faith. I'll never forget the first time I read through the New Testament, all the way through from beginning to end. I was pregnant with Caleb. I felt like the Jesus that so many people have in their minds is not the real Jesus. Jesus is passionate, loving, comforting, yet confronting, and convicting. He is humble and meek and a servant to all, yet calls us also to go into all the world and preach the gospel (Mark 16:15).

Yes, Jesus said: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." But he also said: Matthew 10:34-39 (ESV) "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household. Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Here's two quotes by C.S. Lewis that I *love*: "I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity." — C.S. Lewis

"I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." — C.S. Lewis

Interestingly, as time has passed and I've been learning about Waldorf, spending time communicating with you, etc. it was you who inspired me to seek God! To really, truly seek him, on a regular basis, and to listen for his direction and guidance. So I did, and I began to sense the need to once again get back to following the teachings of the bible as a guide for my life. Every aspect of my life. The old testament has so, so many examples of people finding their own way, forging their own path, worshiping or paying tribute to other gods, while God is watching all of this occur and he's passionately trying to get the people to realize the error of their ways. He sends prophets over the span of hundreds and hundreds of years to try to show the people the truth. Many times, too many times, they still believed in their pagan gods. God said these pagan gods are "no-gods".

They are anything but gods. They are all crafted by the enemy of our souls, the devil. And yet Waldorf education spends quite a bit of time on pagan "myths". You yourself were a pagan and still value aspects of that religion. You said in a podcast that you have a witch's broom, along with other things, in your living room and it really throws people. To be honest, again, that really concerned me because the bible is really clear about who is the inspiration behind pagan deities: Deuteronomy 32:17 (The Message) "They sacrificed to no-god demons, gods they knew nothing about, The latest in gods, fresh from the market, gods your ancestors would never call "gods." You walked out on the Rock who gave you your life, forgot the birth-God who brought you into the world."  1 Corinthians 10:20 "No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons."

All that said, what I've been in conflict with is that you are also incredibly helpful in ways that others just aren't. For instance, you have a son with ASD and many insights into that experience, you have such an amazing way of motivating me to be the best for my family and plan, spend time with God, be the light, work on myself (inner work), you are such a motivator regarding handwork and overcoming any barriers or fear one might have in regards to learning new things, and *so* much more. It's just all the other stuff mentioned in this email, and little things and sometimes more weightier things you say here and there (for instance, in a podcast referring to one of your children's pre-earthly lives in regards to learning to read...something like how he needs to just remember "from before") that really make me concerned.

And Steiner. Oh my. Here's some things I read that caused me to questions whether Waldorf was for us or not:
http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/lombard.html
http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/lombardART.html
http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/articles/lombardART2.html
http://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/was-he-christian
http://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/spiritual-science
http://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/clairvoyant-vision:
http://sites.google.com/site/waldorfwatch/magical-arts

Rudolf Steiner believed he was given information, secret information, hence the use of the word "occult." This information, according to what the Bible says, since it was extra-biblical and contradicts scripture was most likely given to him by a demon. He was entertained by demonic forces and didn't know it. It's absolutely astounding to read even a little bit of the stuff he wrote and believed. Astounding. And then for me to base my children's education on it? To follow it each year, the curriculum he felt was important?

Here's a scripture that practically jumped off the page at me one morning in the midst of all this: Colossians 2:8 (NLT) "Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ." And then this was the straw that broke the camel's back: From 2 Timothy 3 (emphasis mine): Godlessness in the Last Days "But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth....

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how *from childhood* you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for *every* good work.

This is why I left Waldorf earlier this week and behaved so rashly and impulsively. I believed I was obeying God. Speaking through Paul, God clearly said, in the scripture above, "avoid these people" (people who deny the power of the cross and present a different gospel than what Jesus came to bring), which would (based on everything I've written in this email) include Rudolf Steiner and also those who follow his teachings.

This isn't easy though. I felt such a profound sense of loss that afternoon, the day I emailed you, and couldn't stop crying at dinner. I believe in these scriptures:

Ephesians 6: 10-17 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore,having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication." and about the devil: "He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

I know I told you of many things my dad taught me about spiritual things, some of which caused me to focus on certain spiritual beliefs I don't think I should have focused on as a young girl. But, now that I'm an adult, that doesn't mean that I choose to throw away those ideas. Hell, the devil, demonic forces, those aren't fun to think about and my dad did bring it all up in inappropriate ways for a young girl. Yet I believe hell is real and that demons are real. So Steiner and anyone else who leads me down a path that isn't based on biblical truths already laid out (about Jesus, the gospel, the bible, the history of mankind, creation, spiritual beings, and so much more) is, according to the bible, leading me down a path of deception. It's like the story of the frog. Have you heard this? If a frog is put into boiling water it jumps right out, but if you put a frog in cold water and have the heat slowly turned up and it ends up boiling, the frog won't jump out. It won't realize it is dying because of the slow progression of heat building up. That's how the devil works. He doesn't just throw all kinds of bad stuff at me. Usually it's "the little foxes that spoil the vines", little things here and there that lead to straying off the path of truth.

When we texted back and forth the other day and I apologized profusely for everything I put you through, I was in the midst of regret and frustration over my impulsive behavior. Here's what God has shown me since though: I did what I did rashly, yes, and it would have been better if I had handled things differently, for sure. But, he was proud of me. He knew I was doing what I was doing out of obedience to him. He loved and still loves that I'm willing to do this hard thing and trust him to bring me what I need as an anchor in my spiritual walk and this homeschooling experience with my children. Yes, I behaved like a toddler, but as parents, we all love our toddlers to pieces and pick them up when they fall.

So, now I'm doing things more slowly and thoughtfully. I have let the scriptures that are the basis of my decisions feed my soul and give me strength to do what I need to do, which is to end our consulting relationship and my membership with the beacon program, and to also leave a fair amount of the Waldorf pedagogy behind. If I were to continue with you and the beacon program, and Waldorf (as fully as I was before) I would be doing so in spite of the understanding God has given me concerning his will for my life. This would be an act of disobedience and I'm not willing to do that. I also don't want to get confused or stuck in a spiritual quick sand (or end up like the frog in the story that ended up boiling in the water because the heat was turned up very, very slowly). I've taken some of the best Waldorf has to offer, kept those materials and notes, books, etc. but everything else is going to be given to others. I now know what I'm supposed to do, and though it's hard, I believe God has his arms around me, supporting me through it all. His words to me, through the bible verses he's brought to my mind, brought a peace and a confidence in this decision that I'm thankful for.

Your idea of giving the beacon membership and also the consultation services to another family is something I'll agree to. Go ahead and move forward with that. If I were to continue, again, I believe that this would be against God's will for my life. I'm doing this out of my own strength of conviction. I would like to stay a part of the yahoo group for home schoolers though, because I can sometimes get some real help with handwork ideas for children or whatever else might be important down the line.

I hope that everything you read in this email is understood to be written from a place of trying to communicate honestly to you, things that are difficult for me, yet things that come from my heart. I believe you when you said you love me and that warmed my heart so much Melisa. I know you meant it. I do not take these things lightly. I have much love in my heart for you as well and I pray that God would speak to your heart and bring you understanding and peace concerning all that I've brought up in this email.

Have a restful weekend and lovely beginning of your school year. Your family is wonderful and I truly do wish you all the best. I'll be praying for each of you for a long, long time because you've had such an impact on my life. I'll never forget the things I've learned this year. It's all etched on my heart.

Sincerely,

Sarah
                                                                                                        
“Remember, be proud of, and promote, your beliefs! Be proud you're an American and promote that with pride! Be proud of your families and your fellow patriots and promote that with pride! And last, take some kind of real action and pray “everyday” for God to lead you correctly! Believe me.....this will lead to success.” -- JLS

4 comments:

  1. Oh the Truth sets us free! And can only be found in His Word! It's amazing how The Lord when we are willing to listen shows us the Truth!
    I loved the letter, the only thing I didn't like is when she says that what she is not keeping is giving away, I say I don't like it because it may fall into the hands of someone that is not as willing as her to listen to the Lord, that's the only reason, so I pray it doesn't.

    I lived a similar experience in a shorter version.

    Thanks for sharing it! God is Awesomely Great!

    Nena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ephesians 6: 10-17 really drives it home. We all need to seek truth and put on the armor of God which is truth. These trying times demand it! Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie - you know I've got my armour on and boy am I ready to use it! Thanks for the words.

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.