Wednesday, August 11, 2010

NEVER FORGET! WITH LIBERALS IT'S ALL ABOUT WORDS, NOT SUBSTANCE!

“First, as I always do, let me say, that I am proud, that I pray to and worship our Judea/Christian, God Almighty. Second, I am very proud to be an American, who loves all his family and all his fellow patriots. And last, I will defend the original Constitutional rights and lives of those patriots to the best of my ability and, if time and resources permit will even defend others, who will be shocked to learn, that what they once believed in, was false”. -- JOHN L SULAK
                                                                                              
The other day the wife and I were talking....well, she was talking and I was nodding my head and going, "uh huh."  We were hashing over the
idea of remodeling our home.  So after many nods and a whole lot of "uh huhs" we decided to do it.

The next day I went down to the Leroy Texas Court House and applied for a building permit.  Yeah, even though you own your property, you still have to get them to give you the go-ahead and then pay them for the answer and their inspection of the work.  Used to, you'd go around to the neighbors, visit a while, and then ask them if it would bother them to add on to my house.  If they were in agreement, the work went on.  Those days are very long gone though.

So, I told the gal down at the court house, that my add-on was going to be one hundred feet tall and four hundred feet wide with nine gun turrets arranged at various heights on top.  Of course it would have windows all over the place and I wanted to put in a very loud outside entertainment sound system.  And, I also told her that sometimes we have a whole bunch of folks come down, so I needed parking for about two hundred cars and trucks.  I finished by telling her that the color scheme was going to be a manly snot green with delightful pink trim.  

I gave her all my drawings, plans and estimates and she informed me, that this would all have to go to the city council for their approval.  I shoulda known, that working with the government was not going to be a one shot deal.  No sir.  They got to play with you a while, so you will know that they're in charge.

Well, the wife and I waited for the big day, when we could begin the work.  Finally a letter came from The Leroy Texas City Council.  The letter was all official looking.  It even had a real Leroy Texas seal and all.  I was impressed.

The letter was not at all what me and the little lady expected.  Oh, get over yourself!  She is smaller than me and she thinks it's cute!  I also call her sugar, darlin', sweetheart, baby, sweet thing, cupcake, twinkie, lover, and sometimes hubba hubba.  I am a man and she is a woman and we know we are not either without the other, so there!  Now, where was I?  Oh yeah, the letter.

The letter stated,

"....although we understand your wanting to improve your surroundings, we, in Leroy, just do not feel, at this time, it would be good for the community.  In these situation, we have to think about the "whole Leroy community" and not just one of it's members.  Should you wish to submit other plans, which would be more in line with the community's wants, we would be glad to reconsider." 

Of course it finished with the usual "hog wash" baloney, which most "official government letters" finish with.

Needless to say, that me and my baby were crushed.  Devastated.  Bewildered.  Confused.  Leroy had done us wrong!  But, being the ol' backwoods survivor, that I knew I was, I tried to think of another way to get my home complete.  So here is what I come up with.  I just re-sent the same application in again, but this time I called my add-on a Mosque.

Guess what?  The contractors will start work first thing this coming Monday morning.  I just love it when government works.  Don't you?
                                                                                                
“Remember, be proud of, and promote, your beliefs! Be proud you're an American and promote that pride! Be proud of your families and your fellow patriots and promote that pride! And last, take some kind of action and pray everyday for God to lead you correctly! Believe me.....this will lead to success.” -- JLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.

Post a Comment

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.