Monday, February 22, 2010

WELL? HAVE YOU SEEN IT?


Why did you steal my country?  I ask you Woodrow!  I ask you FDR!  I ask you, Obama!  I ask you, Czars!  I ask you, Pelosi!  I ask you, Reid, Frank, Sharpton, Rangel, and Biden!  I ask you, Congress!  What did you do with it?  Where did it go?  I have been searching for it for a very long time.  I keep telling myself, "Don't worry.  It will turn up.", but it hasn't turned up.  I fear, it is lost.  Where did it go, ACLU?  You are supposed to be the great protector of civil rights, so where is my country?  Hey Bernanke?  You control all the money!  Have you seen my country?  Mr. Holder?  You're the Attorney General.  The great fighter of crime.  Have you seen my country?  David Rockefeller?  You have a lot of pull with all the "wheels".  Have you seen my country?  ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CNN, you report on what is happening, or at least, what you want us to think, is happening, have you seen my country anywhere?  Have you seen it, FBI, CIA, and Interpol?  What about you, UN?  You are supposed to be the United Nations, so where is my nation?  Have you seen it?  I am so frustrated because no matter how hard I look, I cannot find my country.


"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson


Oh, you want me to describe my country?  Sure, if you think it will help us find it, I'll be glad to.  Well, first of all, in my country our elders were revered.  They were referred to as "mam" or "sir", not "old man" or "old lady".  You didn't hear things like, "Ha!  Don't pay any attention to them.  They are just some stupid old people." No, instead they were sought out for knowledge and wisdom.  Folks understood that living a long life gave the recipient much understanding of how life REALLY works.  Folks knew that children were not in charge.  And yes, even children knew that they were not in charge.  Their elders were.  Yeah, that's the way my country treated our elders.


In my country, kids went to school to learn reading, writing, and arithmetic.  They had what was known as recess and they actually played outside and got fresh air.  They played baseball, football, and basketball and they did this weird thing called "keeping score".  Yes, there were really "winners" and "losers" and you might have heard some kidding around about who won or lost, but you never heard too much whining.  Oh, and If a kid did WHINE about loosing, well, just as in real life, he or she was ridiculed for doing it.  Hey, and during hunting season, a lot of the high school kids had shotguns in their car or truck.  This way they could go hunting right after school.  Oh yes, and most of them, did bring anything they shot, back home for food.  And if a teacher, was in the parking lot and wanted to look at your gun, it was just to see what kind it was.  Or to ask where you were hunting.  Or to ask you about ammo and gear.  Maybe even ask to go along.  Yep, that was my country.


Yeah, in my country, folks went to church to worship Almighty God.  You didn't hear much about different religions, other than the Jewish or Christian religions.  Most folks didn't even know what an "atheist" was.  And I don't think the word "agnostic" had even been invented yet, if it was, well, I never heard it.  I remember the smell of church and how GREAT you felt when the songs and hymns were sung.  You could feel that something BIG was all around you.  You didn't even care, or notice for that matter, what somebody was wearing or how much money they placed in the collection basket.  Church was quite too, even before the service started.  Folks really did act like they truly were in GOD'S house.  You could sense the reverence.  Boy do I miss my country.  Hope this will help get it back. 
    
Yes, in my country folks new that coffee was hot and if they spilt it on themselves, well, they wiped themselves off and went on about their business.  They didn't blame the ol' boy they bought it from, much less cost him his business over it.  It was called RESPONSIBILITY.  Folks had it and were proud of it.  They knew that life is not always fair, but it was life, not a budding law suit.  Yeah, and that's another thing about my country.  In my country attorneys mostly did wills and company stuff.  Or they tried to either convict or free a person.  They didn't "chase ambulances" looking for easy money.  Actually, believe it or not, they were looked up to.  Can you imagine that?  An attorney being looked up to.  Yeah, you may get a laugh now, but that was my country and darn don't I long for it.


Today, in this "UNKNOWN" country, if a fellow cuts his finger, while cuttin' a steak, well, the ol' boy sues the restaurant.  Or, if a lady smokes three packs of cigarettes a day for forty years and dies of cancer, her family sues the tobacco company.  Or, if your neighbor comes flying home drunk and crashes into a tree, he sues the bartender.  Or, if some parent's children turn out to be spoiled brats, they blame television and/or school and/or the nanny and/or society or all four.  After all, "it takes a village to raise a child."  Or, if your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun manufacturer.  And the real amazing one, if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the pilot at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother of the crazed deceased sues the airline.  No, that would not go on in my country.  We were considered "NORMAL" in my country.


Yes, in my country we even helped feeble people cross the street.  We turned in lost wallets, or searched for the owner ourselves.  Men opened doors for ladies, out of respect and/or love, not class warfare.  Kids were spanked, not harmed…spanked.  Thieves were arrested and actually went to jail.  Presidents were impeached.  Adults did not cut in line.  Medical cures were sought for HEALING, not for selling more pills.  Doctors did not set appointments with a stop watch.  Meat was really meat, not hormones and additives.  Driving was restricted to a time frame, not gallons of gas you could afford.  You did not have to take out a loan to take the family out.  Movie star and "crack head" were not one in the same.  Athletes played a game, not try to stay out of prison, and/or drug or sex rehabilitate.  Politicians?  Sorry to say, that they haven't changed much.


If we found something valuable, like a ring, a purse, money, etc., well, we didn't keep it.  It was not ours to keep and we respected the other person's RIGHT to it.  In fact, you could really sum up everything about my country with just three words.  RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY and CONSEQUENCES.  We respected the RIGHTS of others and we had enough RESPONSIBILITY to continue to do so and we knew there were consequences for your actions.   I know, to kids today and maybe even a lot of adults, this sounds corny, but it wasn't in my country.  No it was common place.  We didn't notice it that much.  It was just a given.  A WAY OF LIFE.  Yes sir!  That was my country alright….just a darn GOOD WAY OF LIFE!  Do you really think you can help me find it?


….and there you have some more opinions from TH' DUMB OL' EAST TEXAS BOY.  Watch your back, okay?


A real good watch, if it's not already pulled:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpQOCvthw-o

NOTE:  Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) may read this message without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. We in this country have no recourse or protection. Everything we type may be used against us to detain us in a secret prison, where we will be held without right of habeas corpus or right to trial by jury. You have the right to be treated worse than a gitmo detainee. Now having stated that....................WHO THE HECK CARES! Obama and his goons can kiss my rosie red!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again John for another great and truthful writing. Not only did we get spankings at home we also got them at school. We even walked to school. If we needed money we would mow lawns. And if a woman got pregnant out of wedlock it was not glamorized.

    We even had an item called a belt. And boys wore them.Now they walk around with their pants hanging down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. William - it was called "CLASS" and "DIGNITY". Those words have all but vanished. Thanks for the kind coment, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

DON'T BE TIMID! Tell me what ya think.